Monday, January 2, 2012

Once upon a time I could fly

Did you know at one time I could fly? Not in a plane but streight up superman style. Yep there was a time everything from towels to bed sheets were capes and when ran fast enough and jumped off something high enough I, Paul Frazier, could fly. It was the greatest time of my life. The possibilities were endless. Then one day a well meaning person took time out of their busy day to explain the whole gravity thing and right there my ability to fly died. I think of my old superpowers sometimes when I hear well meaning people help kids out of their superpowers. I've even been that well meaning person myself. You know the most awesome things happen when young people with superpowers make them happen. Look at Jonathan, he was just hanging out with bud (weapons barrier) and said " let's roll over there and see what those dudes are doing". Next thing you know they won the war of Israel. David , taking lunch to his bros. and end up busting that big dude in the head. These guys made it happen when all the over informed, well meaning folks were explaining why it couldn't or shouldn't be done. Everything is possible until we place our fears and insecurities on those who are blessed to not be burdened with them yet. I suggest that instead of us killing the awesome powers that our youth have that we just guide them to use them full force for the glory of God, in who nothing is impossible. If they keep their eyes on him they have nothing to fear and we, as hard as it is, have nothing to fear for them. Even Peter had the awesome power of walking on water until he took his eyes off Christ. So let them fly, and if you want to go out on faith yourself, fly with them:-)

No comments: