Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are we friends?

What would happen if the last time we saw each other was just that, THE LAST TIME. What did we talk about, was it meaningful or at least memorable? Did we laugh, cry? Did we solve the worlds problems or at least a problem of a friend? Was I mean to you or short? Did I hurt your feelings or make you uncomfortable? Do we have unfinished business? If you had to think of friends to call in a time of need, would I make the list? When you see me coming does it make you happy, sad or do you just want to hide until I'm gone? Is our relationship an asset to a liability? Why am I asking you all these questions? Do I really want to hear the answers?
Recently, in the past six months, I've lost friends that I'll never see again. I've made friends that I hope to keep forever, and I've cried for, prayed for and stayed awake nights thinking about friends that are hurting in someway. I know my short comings, I'm right there in your space. I have allot to say, but not nessisarily the right things. I tend to step on toes in some cases if I feel strongly about the subject. With all this said, know that when I call you friend it is not something I take lightly. I accept it with all the things the meaning of friend implies. I'm not one to hide my emotions, I'll trough a hug on you in a minute. I will also speak to you like we have already met even if we havn't, in my mind I have already made you a friend.
Am I a nut, more than likely. One day we will have our last talk, share a last laugh, I'll tell one last unbelievable story and yes I'll give you one last hug. Regardless of which one of us is still here know this, Paul Frazier loves you and called you friend and this means more to Paul Frazier than Silver or Gold. Please enjoy the hugs, the love and the friendship. Take advantage of it if you will. I don't mind. When all is said and done the one thing I'd want to be remembered as is a FRIEND.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

"Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend's countenance."
-Proverbs 27:17

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."
- Proverbs 27:19

""A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure."
- Sirach 6:14

"Friends always show their love. What are brothers for if not to share troubles?"- Proverbs 17:17

"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
- Proverbs 24:26

"The greatest love a person can have for his friends is to give his life for them."
- John 15:13

"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."

No comments: