Friday, July 24, 2009

Honduras- Day 2- The Dump in La Ceiba

Thursday and it was time to go to the dump and help with a medical clinic. This was a very powerful experiance. The people at the dump are squaters. They wait for the trash to be covered up and the build a shack on it and that I home. the kids are running every where. Most with no shoes and very little clothes. Most all of the clothes I see are donations from the US. It is strange to see kids running around with old uniforms shirts sponcered by some hardware store in the US. The people here are awsome. Very nice and open. Health care is none exsistant here. Sores in the mouth, worms and skin wounds are every where. It rripped my heart out. Lucky for me I had to leave to buy building supplies for Limon. This is the nearist store. I will have to come back to this because I still have not processed what I've seen.

We went to church with Mario, his churched welcomed us and rewally had a great worship session with some great music and powerful messages. The passion for Christ is huge and right in your face. You don't have to wonder are these people are Christiens, you only have to look.

I hope I look like that.

Later

No comments: