Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not so helpless anymore

I know i have not posted anything in a few days. Its not that i don't have any more to say, I just don't know how to say it. Ive been home for almost two weeks now but i haven't arrived yet. People ask me how was my trip and I'm vague. They ask me how i am and i say fine. Well that's just not true, i haven't been fine since i crossed the threshold of The orphanage. I won't be home until the will of God is done. I know im not alone. My friends who were with me are in the same limbo as i.

I have figured out something though. I, who professes faith, have been unfaithful. During this whole thing i have said God's will be done but, i have also doubted the ability of those he has chosen to work out his will. As i sat and calculated how many ways we could not get these off the chart task done, he had already put things in place to make them happen. As I told others of the great works that he had done, i still doubted my abilities. The same abilities he gave me to do his will. So, all my self doubt has been me doubting my Gods ability. Ok...down boy, i know that kinda deep and I'm kinda short.

God put the exact people in the exact place at the exact time to do his will. This trip, of which I have been a member before, was design by him. The things I've learned about working in developing countries with less than ideal equipment, incorrect supplies and outside the box situations was by design. The team members and their vary diverse talents and experiences were by design. Some stayed back so others could go. I myself was not planning to go this year but the Lord changed my plans. Even people I met in airports, stores and other places were by design.

I have no idea of what his plan my be but, i know that the right people are being reached and they are bringing their piece of the puzzle with them. My part may be small, it may be big, i just thank God i have a part. Some say its a calling. I don't know if I believe that  much anymore. God and his son Jesus Christ have called all of us. In most everything I read being a Christian is a verb. We are told to go, show, tell, LOVE. So, the calling is always there and its to all of us. What we have is an answering. Answering the call that he has charged all of us with.

So if you see me looking unsure or doubtful, how about giving me a good taking to or a swift kick in the pants. You decide which it needs to be. God is working and things are happening. I'm ready to see this awesome thing happen. I hope you are to. No more HELPLESS!

No comments: