Saturday, February 4, 2012

Master or slave

You know I've done allot of different jobs. In some I was the boss, some I was in the middle and some I was just one of the worker bees. There are good things to be said of all these levels. In our lives here in our Earth Bound lay over, you want to go with the boss thing. It pays more and has perks. What if I could prove to you that is not all that? Would you be leave me? Would you change your out look? Would you change your life?

Growing upargent large, not so rich family, I never gave much thought to why we did things the way we did. If some one was sick we helped care for them. Financial troubles, everyone chipped in. Lost a home and possessions to fire or what ever, arrangements were made. No one had anything but every one had everything. One of Sophmores posted a line from every one's favorite president, Ronald Reagan , " We cant help everyone but everyone can help someone." I've been living on different versions of this my whole life. Watching my parents I never thought about it, it was just what you did. If you were to show up at my parents home you would be fed something. I don't know what but something. You would sit at the table and talk with my father while my little bun waring Pentecostal mother buzzed around taking care of your needs. She is a servant.

You know it says in Mark 42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

”Wow, my lord and savior a servant. This all came about because James and John ask to sit at the right and left hand of Christ in heaven. So the most prized position in heaven is reserved for a servant or slave. This world is not where we belong. It is just a layover, a waiting room. So why do we, why do I continue to focus on the expectations of this world? We,I, should being working towards that prized seat next to Christ. Know do I think I, Paul Frazier will be sitting at the right or left hand of my lord. I don't have to. I just have to complete the work he has set for me, follow his example of love and kindness. Give him the glory and be his servant. Be a slave to his word. I have his promise that if I do as he has done and go and work as he has instructed, I will make to the table. After that, we will just let the seating work it self out.

No comments: